Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Dam Valley of Fire

On our way to Disneyland we decided to go the scenic route and swing by Valley of Fire and the Hoover Dam. We had never been to Valley of Fire and some day when it is not windy I would like to go back. Seriously the wind was horrific. We packed a picnic lunch and everytime I took a bite I would crunch on gritty sand. Yuckers! The wind was so bad that we only did one hike, so like I said I would like to go back someday and really see it.
We have been to the Hoover Dam before. Last time we were there, they were building an enormous bridge and I really wanted to see it. Little did I know that you could actually walk across it. I knew we were safe, but that still didn't stop me from being terrified that one of my kids would find a way to fall to their death. We survived to tell the tale.

No comments: