Friday, March 6, 2009

The Baby Shower

Yesterday my friend Amara (with the help of many others) threw me a babyshower. This is my first and probably only girl, so I wanted a real PINK shower and she did not disappoint. There was pink food, pink candy, pink table cloths, pink balloons, pink plates, etc.
I need to thank Amara for all she did. She caters and so of course the food was good. She made a variety of tea sandwiches and a yummy cheese dip. I need need to get the recipes. So delicious. Here are some pictures of some of the food.
Karen made the yummy fruit bouquet and the cute little chocolate carriages. Becky made the pasta salad and these cute little party favors.
Lorraine made her famous (I think its famous, it is that darn yummy) frappe. It was pink and fluffy and looked so girly, I loved it. Kris made this cute cute cake. I don't know how to do fondant, so she always impresses me with her talents. Not only was it cute, it also tasted very good. I also need to give a big thank you to my friend Kelli who made and passed out all the invites. You did a great job they were lovely. So yes thanks again to everyone who helped, it made me feel really loved.
Also thanks to everyone who came and gave me all the pink stuff. I have many talented who friends who not only know how to pick out the cutest stuff out there but many who also have talents to make things (blankets, burp clothes, etc.). I love homeade things, mostly because I can't do it myself. But me and my baby will appreciate all their talents.

6 comments:

Travis and Megan Liston said...

That was an awesome baby shower! You and your little girl deserve it. I'm so excited for you. You look great, by the way. -Megan

Stacey Bacon said...

Yeah for pink! I am so thrilled you are having a girl! I want lots of pictures when that little cutie pops out!

Angel said...

Aren't showers wonderful! You are so blessed to have such loving and caring friends.

Chiadeb said...

Love that fondant baby bottle! Want the frappe recipe when you get it. Glad you had fun. You should have let me know about it--I might have surprised you! Hope you & Tanner are better today.

Rachel said...

It looked like a lot of fun...

Let me know when the baby comes!

family said...

Hey Audrey - that looks great! So glad those girls out there are taking care of you! Wish you could be here so we could throw you a shower for your first baby girl too!!!