I was pretty proud of myself. I made a few adjustments from the pattern with the lace, collar, flower applique and the peplum. I gathered and sewed a zipper.
Well if I could make a princess dress, then I could make a simple little jumper dress for Sydney. This dress even involved button holes, which I must say, I still need some help with. I got a little better with this applique, but again could still use some help.
So as I said earlier, I ordered all my other Halloween costumes online. Well shortly after I got an email saying my Princess peach costume was backordered till right before Halloween. I didn't want to worry, so I canceled the order and made my own.
I still have a few adjustments to do to make it truely Princess Peach. I know it looks like a 1980's bridemaid dress, but again I am just amazed I was able to do it.
We are going to Disneyland in November, so I thought now that I can sew I need to make Sydney a Snow White dress (she's my favorite princess). You can't see it from here, but there is a red cape in the back that can come off.
Well, that is all so far. I ordered Kevin a Yoshi costume for Halloween and when it arrived it was way to small for him, so i have decided to attempt that. All the materials are purchased, now I just need a husband here to make sure it fits as I sew. Sounds like a fun project for the weekend. Pictures to come...