Thursday, March 26, 2009

Welcome Baby Sydney

So yesterday we started the day by leaving for the hospital at 5:30 am.

Here I am on delivery day.
We got to the hospital at 6am. I got changed into the lovely gown, they hooked up monitors and asked about 1,000 questions. At 7 am, they started my IV (and in true Audrey fashion, I got nauseas-but I kept it under control) and pitocin.

Here I am all ready to go, yes, notice the EMPTY puck bucket next to me.
At 7:30 my doctor showed up to break my water. By 8:30 I had my epidural in and working-I never really felt major contractions (having gone a long time the other 3 times, I would definitly say this was the way to go). At about 9:30 I started to feel some pain and pressure. They checked me I was 6cm. I got a second dose of epidural and after a few minutes was no longer feeling any pain, but I was still feeling pressure, so I had them check me again at 10am and sure enough there was baby. So they called the doctor and gave me the no laughing, sneezzing, coughing lecture. Doctor arrived at 10:30am, after 5 very short minutes, baby was here and screaming.
Here is Sydney Jo Jacobson at 10:35 am, in her first seconds of life.
She weighed 9 lbs 3 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long.
Look at this not so petite little girl.
They got her all cleaned up.
Here she is during her bath and after with a pretty pink bow.
After school her brothers came by to visit.
These boys sure do love their little sister.
Here is mom with all her beautiful kiddos.

The boys were perfectly behaved at the hospital. Thanks to Space Chimps, suckers, and coloring books.

Here is Daddy with his little princess.

Here is one more picture of our beautiful baby Sydney.

15 comments:

Dan said...

congratulations! this is us tomorrow!

Angel said...

She's beautiful! Love all the photos.

a said...

Audrey- congrats, she is so cute! I'm so excited for you. I'm glad everyone is doing so well. I can't wait until it's my turn!

Wendy said...

Congrats again! It sounds like a short PAINLESS delivery...good for you! That is wonderful that all of the boys love her! Have fun with your little girl!!!

Hoffmann Family said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl! I can't believe you have everything posted already!

Kendall said...

Congratulations! You all look great and she is adorable. Have fun with your new little princess.

Kearl said...

That was way faster than I would expect for being induced. I've never been induced, but I always imagined hours of just sitting around. And a 9 pounder from little you. Were your boys that big? Congrats. Soak up those pink bows.

Amara said...

Beautiful. Noah looks a little overwhelmed! :) Congratulations! --9lbs plus with no pain --the miracles of modern science.

Sals said...

congrats!!! so excited for you!

Sals said...

um....WHY is SYDNEY not on your list of places you're going to visit in 2009???? VERY disappointed! :) naming your baby after where I live is not going to win you any brownie points!

Chiadeb said...

I showed everyone at work today and they all think she is beautiful. They wouldn't dare say anything else about any of my grandkids! Thanks for putting them on the blog.

Rachel said...

I love all the pictures! Enjoy getting settled.

I'm glad I didn't come yesterday. Ben is really sick and now Garrett woke up with the wonderful flu!

I'll see you when we are 100% better...

Zoe said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful. I think that she will look like you! :) I am sorry that we haven't made it to see you yet. My parents have been here and craziness has been going on. Perhaps this Sunday could we come by for a visit? I will call you!! I can't wait to hold her. :)

Stacey Bacon said...

Congrats! She is such a cutie and a little chunk. Those cheeks are precious. I want to come down to visit. Let me know when the craziness dies down and I'll be down. I have a little gift for you and Sydney!

sgwinfrey said...

She's perfect! Glad the whole L&D went off without a hitch. I can't believe you had a 9lbs-er in you and still had to be induced, gees! Congratulations and enjoy that little princess. Oh I love the pics of her with each of her brothers, so sweet.