Friday, October 16, 2009

Audrey goes to Time Out

So after my catering job last Thursday I took a red eye flight to Virginia...I had a layover in the worst airport ever ATLANTA. We got in a little late leaving me only 30 minutes to get to my next gate. I ran like a crazy lady through the airport(it is a big airport with a train system that was broken) I get to my gate with 10 minutes to spare only to find out that they have switched my gate, so I start running again (and crying) to the opposite end of the airport. Keep in mind that I am exhausted from catering a dinner for 75 then not sleeping and eating much. I honestly did not have the energy to run anymore, but I tried and alas I made it to my gate and collapsed into my seat. Lesson learned: always check for gate changes even if you are limited on time.
I got to Baltimore and waited for my sis-in-law Tara to arrive from NY and then my mom picked us up. We drove and met up with my sis Andrea and then drove to Richmond for Time Out for Women. We had a great time being spititually uplifted and sometimes not (sorry Michael McLean I don't always think a pill is the answer). We had a lot of bad luck at resturaunts with bad food or bad service. All and all it was a fantastic time.
Andrea and I had an intersting experience on our last night there...at 3:30 AM we were awaken by obnoxious knocking at the door. We looked out the peep hole to see who it was, it was a drunk man. We called down to the front desk and they immediatly called security. He started to get a bit more aggresive with his knocking so we called the desk again to tell them to hurry. Andrea and I just sat on the bed holding hands hoping the locks kept on working. Security came, we were too hyped up to sleep and my mom score herself some extra Marriot points.
I will have to add pictures later I forgot they are not on the new laptop.

1 comment:

Kearl said...

Did Michael McLean really say to take a pill?! If you need to that's fine, but it should not be an immediate answer. And I personally believe that anytime someone takes a pill, a little therapy might be good too to help them deal with their challenges and not just cover them.