Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dinner for Dessert

Tonight the Young Men at church are having a fundraiser dinner and the leaders and Young Men were suppose to make a dessert to be auctioned off. Since Kevin works with the YM, he (or me) had to come up with something fun. This is what we went with. I have made the hamburger cake before, but I never knew what to use for the cheese. So I turned to the internet for help. I found one person who said she melted starbursts to make the cheese, so I decided to give that a try. The melting didn't work, but softening and rolling them out did, and I will say it looks just like a slice a cheddar cheese. I also put crushed oreo around the patty part to give it more dimension and I made onions out of white gum drops. I also found the idea for the fries online, they are made of sugar cookie dough and I used my Pampered Cheff crinkle cutter to give it that look. I wish I wouldn't have squirt the frosting ketchup over the fries, I like how it looked better without, but o-well, it is done.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Looks great! Love the krinkly fries!

J.J. said...

Wow that is amazing, so detailed.

I'm looking in the month of june for us, it's quite pack. I fursure we can't do it this week, or the 24th, or the 26th. Does not leave much open. Our June is a very crazy month, but I want us all to get together.

Elizabeth said...

That is so amazing. I have zero culinary talent so combine that with the fact that I have little creative talent making a humburger cake is out of the question. How fun for the YM!

a said...

YUM!!!!

Saskia said...

Oh my goodness, you are so talented! Your kids must love you for creations like this!

Kikibug said...

OH MY GOSH! That is AMAZING! Seriously, you are MISS TALENT!

Princess Gerty said...

What a cool cake! I hope those YM and your husband really appreciated it! Did it sell for a lot at the auction?