Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It is Officially Done

Here is the table completely finished. It isn't perfect, but I am still proud of it. It sure looks better then it used to. I only refinished the top, it used to be a light honey maple stain, which is nice but just doesn't go with dark wood floors, so I had to make them match. It took a lot of time and I would have to think seriously if I would ever want to attempt something like that again.
Also today I let Noah have his first "all day" sucker. Again, I do not recommend it, because it took like an eternity to clean him up afterwards. It was cute to watch him eat it and he was very excited about it, but it was sticky and gross.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I think the table looks great! Now you just need the kids to bang it up a bit to give it that old aged look!

J.J. said...

It looks beautiful, and I like the color you pick, I'm sure it took a lot of work to do.
My baby is always wanting a sucker, but I won't give her one, because it is soooo messy. What a good mommy you are.

Kelli said...

the table looks even better in person. I love it.