Monday, April 7, 2008

What a Weekend!

Well another weekend is done, and it was a productive one. Kevin spent many hours hanging sheet rock in the basement. Yes, it is a fun job, but we are to cheap to pay anyone to do it. He made a lot of progress, over half way done, thanks hun for all your hard work.

My big job for Saturday was working on that darned dining room table. I am happy to say that it is almost finished. I was able to finish sanding and staining the thing. Yeah, and today I put on the first coat of Polyurathane. Only a few more days and it will be done, done.

Even with all the work, I still managed to find time to watch all 4 sessions of general conference (thanks to modern day convinences, I was able to watch them later in the day). It was an uplifting experience, as always. I ended the weekend thinking of all the things that I could do to become a better person. One theme that stuck out to me throughout the conference was Testimony. One line in particular said something like, Let your children hear your testimony. I am not big on getting up in front of everyone in sacrament meeting and bearing my testimony, but I know it is something I need to work on. I also know that there are ways to share my testimony with my children not only at church, and I will make an effort to do that as well.

After the great uplifting experience of the weekend I woke this morning to cruddy weather. This is the house as I was leaving this afternoon, hail and snow on the ground. I know it could be worse but hello it is April, and it should just not snow this time of the year.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey, Bob, the basement is looking good!

Where is the picture of the table??

J.J. said...

Wow, looks like you all have been very busy. Doing your own basement takes a lot of time, but you will save so much more money by doing it yourselves. Good Luck.
where is the picture of your table? I would love to see that.
Your house is beautiful, and yes it was very crazy to wake up to snow, I want warm weather.

Conference was awsome!